Thursday, November 26, 2009

Hey folks... it's the other one. ;o)

Okay - so Steph is officially AWEsome!

She is, without a doubt, a major inspiration for me and the whole "get fit, get healthy, get rid of the fat (both on my body and in my head)" lifestyle change that I've been on for a while now.

I'm doing things a bit slower than Steph - partly because I'm flat broke and can't get to a gym. But... the four teams I now belong to for netball are definitely working out for me.

I weighed myself at the doctor's the other week.
I'm 97kgs.
Yep.
I've hit my goal for the year with a month to spare. I am under 100kgs BEFORE Christmas!
I could not tell you the last time I was under 100kg.

So, since September last year I have gotten rid of 20.2kgs.

And that means that since my 30th b'day, when I estimate I was rocking out at the 140kg mark, I have gotten rid of 43kgs.
I have friends who weigh that much.
I've taught kids who weigh that much.
How the hell was I carrying that much extra weight around, for god's sake?

So now I am going to keep plodding away, doing my thing, and aim for the final goal of 80kgs by Christmas 2010. But I'll be honest - if I'm only 90kgs by then, I won't mind. Cos I'm feeling pretty good about myself these days. I can look at my reflection and not hate it. And part of that may be due to the fact that a guy, a real honest to goodness, breathing guy, has seen me naked... and liked it (but that's another story with some bitter sadness attached). But it's also due to the fact that I'm starting to like myself. Which makes a really nice change.

Later.

8 comments:

phishez said...

Oh Em, I'm so proud of you. Nothing beats that feeling. Last year I wanted to have lost 15kg by the end of the year. But I only lost 10. I was still really happy.

Congrats, Congrats, Congrats.

MissE said...

Thank you, Steph.
:)
I nearly lost it in the doctor's office. He had to come over and read the scales for me cos I couldn't being myself to believe what I was seeing.

And yeah - if I only get rid of 7kg between now and next Christmas, I'm still gonna be a happy happy woman.

phishez said...

Haha. The day that I went below 80kg I kept thinking '88' instead of '78'. Strange how it happens.

I need to update about the aftermath of the challenge. But I want you to have your glory over here.

MissE said...

Awww - thank you, Steph.
:o)

Appreciated.

But I reckon it's time for you to update us all with your post-challenge awesomeness!!!

Daisy said...

Visit and become a follower of my flirting blog at http://daisylacy.blogspot.com/

Daisy said...

Great job on all your hard work.

Joanna Cake said...

Well Done! For free exercise, a lot of the cable channels show yoga classes really early in the morning. If you want something to help tone you up and you cant afford the gym, I thoroughly recommend yoga or pilates. Far more civilised than jogging!

Joshua said...

Doing good!

(even if I am late!)